Edge Watersport’s annual stand up paddleboarding race/regatta has been given the go ahead for the 18th September 2021 on the River Exe much to the excitement of locals and SUP enthusiasts!
Exe Hammer Paddle Challenge is on!
When: Saturday 18th September
Where: River Exe
Booking: Online only. Before 25th August for a free Exe Hammer T-Shirt, closing on 17th September (link below)
This event situated on the River Exe and organised by the team at Edge Watersports has become a calendar favourite for stand up paddle boarders and local watersports enthusiasts. This years event will build upon the solid foundation of last years success which saw around 140 paddlers present on the start line.
Due to easing of Covid restrictions, this years event will enjoy a normal event experience and the route on the water will be the same as 2020 due to its popularity with competitors.
The 2021 Loop Route – Exmouth Beach to River Exe and Back
- The starting point will be on the beach directly in front of the new watersports center @ Sideshore Exmouth (EX8 2GD).
- The course will be a loop firstly along Exmouth seafront, then back in past Dawlish Warren, up in to the River Exe before looping back to finish on Exmouth beach.
- Short and long route options determined by board type and weather.
- Approx 8-10 miles* for fast category (12’6” and above)
- Approx 4-6 miles* for slower category (less than 12’6”)
- Full water safety cover will be available.
- Event completion times available for all classes.
- Prizes for all categories.
River Exe SUP Challenge
Considered one of the most popular events on the UK paddleboarding calendar the ‘Exe Hammer’ event format invites you to simply challenge yourself to complete the course or challenge you to compete against the other race participants. Please contact us if you are unsure about which class you need to enter. The ethos behind the event is to invite participation and the joy of SUP, we welcome all new comers. The ‘Book Now’ button below will take you to our event page where you choose your most appropriate class and book your ticket.
Please note that there will be no entries on the day and all entries must be booked through this website. Please book early because entries are capped for safety reasons and booking was sold out last year.
Book online as per previous instructions then registration on the day will be outside the new watersports center at sideshore from 09:00. Competitors will need to sign in and collect bibs. Start time will be 10:00- 10:30 so be ready!
Morning parking should be fine at the sideshore location in Queen’s Drive Car Park and Exmouth Seafront. Please see our Facebook page for more information, news and updates.
Supporters of Exe Hammer
The race is sponsored by Hanlons Brewery, Sideshore, Edgewatersports, Hangtime Cafe.
*Course route may change due to weather and tide conditions on the day.