BSUPA only recognise tuition taking place in BSUPA recognised schools. To become a recognised school is a simple and quick process which can all be done electronically. There are four major areas a school must evidence to become recognised. Your school does not have to have fixed premises or large facilities and infrastructure. It simply has to fulfil the following four requirements. There is an annual recognition fee of £125, payable in Spring each year.
Benefits of being a BSUPA school:
- School Recognition from the national Association
- BSUPA school listing on the website
- Free Ready to ride cards and BSUPA promotional materials
- School certificate/ School Flag/ Stickers
Requirements of a BSUPA school:
- BSUPA qualified level 2 instructor is the minimum qualification level for the school principle.
- Suitable Location: You may have a single or multiple locations at you school. The must all be risk assessed and permissible to be used for teaching SUP.
- Suitable Equipment: Hardware: Boards, paddles, leashes and Buoyancy aids must be provided for all students. All equipment must be suitable and in good working order.
- Safety management system
a) Commercial insurance cover
b) Risk assessments
c) SOP, EAP, operations
d) Accident reporting procedure
e) Daily records and maintenance recording
- Have a suitable method of rescue provision for all operational areas.
To apply to become a BSUPA school please download, complete and submit the application form below.
For queries please contact BSUPA training on 0330 113 6266, email@example.com.