Inland Waterways Access

Waterways accessBSUPA have made efforts to negotiate Block Licence agreements for our members for inland waterways access with both the Environment Agency and British Waterways (now Canals and Rivers Trust). However they was felt that Paddleboarding was not a big enough sport at present to be granted a Licence Agreement having assumed that we are working with the British Canoe Union. Many inland paddleboarders do use their BCU membership for this purpose. BSUPA believe that SUP is a distinct sport from Kayaking/canoeing, with different risks and considerations. BSUPA have made it clear that we wish to revisit this issue in Spring 2013 and it was agreed that negotiations might start again. We need to persuade EA/CRT of the distinct nature of our sport to build our case, and any assistance, especially from inland clubs would be appreciated.